Canva - Ireland, National Park, Hiking, Away, Steinweg, Stones.jpg

How to obtain your Irish Pension - page incomplete

It is possible to apply for an Irish State Pension (Contributory) from outside of Ireland when you live abroad by contacting the Irish Department of Social Protection, which has its offices at Social Welfare Services, College Road, Sligo, Ireland for an application form. You can also call the office on + 353 71-915 7100 or download the form from This should be done between three to six months before you reach pension age, which is currently age 66.

The State Pension (Contributory) is not means tested, but to qualify a person must:

– Have paid social insurance contributions before a certain age

– Have a certain number of social insurance contributions recorded, and

– Have a certain average over the years since they first entered insurance.